Monday, July 2, 2007

Pressing On



" Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect," Paul writes in Philippians 3: 12-14, " but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ jesus took hold of ME. Sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thisng I do; Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I press on.... these words echo in my own heart, bringing me comfort and courage.

So I press on, and I hope you will too. Believe me dear sister, we can trust God. If we allow the spotlight of heaven to shine on the dark recesses of our souls, God will scrub off the old layers of whitewash. He'll remove those pockets of Martha driveness and Pharisee pride. By the power of the Holy Spirit." Quote taken from Having a Mary Spirit by Joanna Weaver


Okay got a Holy Spirit felt book yesterday from a lady at church. Neat thing is is that it was my first time there. I sat beside this older lady, in which I know not her name, and said hello. Well, she, being filled with the Holy Spirit first welcomed me to the church, then turned and said a hello to my children. And what happened next I am still kinda in awe. She got up and left. But she forgot a book on the seat. So I picked it up and went to find her. She wasn't in the lobby, so I asked the usher where she went. She was in the bathroom. So I went there, with kids and tow. Two boys, in the girls room yep there I went. I told her she left this book behind and she turned and said," God wants you to have it, I do not need it anymore, so it is yours." Pardon, it is for me? Really, well thank you so much. At this point I hadn't even looked at the title of it. When I did I was amazed. Because just the other day God wanted me to go and buy this book. What are the chances that could have happened. I have never gotten something for free. Wow, was I blessed. Came home and read and read till 12 last night. I couldn't put it down for the life of me, geesh how God works, makes me giggle.

Having A Mary Spirit, by Joanna Weaver! That is the book...got get one it is the best...honestly. I can feel the Spirit of God pouring out of this book.

Today, be your best for God's sake.

Love you all,
blessings

2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

You know... I don't know what is up.. but I've been writing about the heart -- desire... the Holy Spirit...

God's up to something BIG...

what an incredible story..

love,
Connie

Lani - the flowerlady said...

I read that book last winter. Most excellent, think I'll read it again.