Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I AM STUDY LESSON SEVEN

Discussion Questions:

1. How would you answer the questions, "Who Am I?"
Who I am is not what I have. It sure is not what others think I am, or even what I desire me to be. I am who God made me to be. This is what I think of who I am: I am a child of God, I am forgiven, I am loved by the almighty, I am set free from shame and guilt, I am cherished and relished by Jesus, I am wonderful and beautiful made, I am justified through faith, I am sanctified, I am holy and without fault, I am God's masterpiece, I am made complete in Christ. I am also a friend, mother, sister, cousin, and niece. I am beautiful. I am smart.


2. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt inadequate because of your lack of a 'tagline'?
There are many times and many situations in which I feel inadequate. But the only thing that gets me through is knowing that out of my mess Jesus is blessed!

3. Do you have skills or position that you believe God could use mightily if only He would?
Humm yes and no to this question. I now I have skills, but it is truly God who determines where and when I use them, I am not angry or jealous at others who are doing what I desire. Because with everything there is a season. So I just sit back and now that one day that season may be mine.

4. Have you ever lost a position or station in life you believe could have 'helped God out' with something He has asked you to do? If you haven't lost out, do you perhaps feel you have to gain this in order to be useful to the Kingdom?
Yes I have and the reason I lost that position was because of me. I now I desired to keep that position, to "help God out" but I realized that maybe there is more for me. Maybe God desires for something else for me.

5. How are you with your dialogue vs. doubt conversations with God? Which does God hear most from you?

I think both. I talk to Him a lot, and I mean a lot. Some would say I talk to myself, cause I do talk, but not to myself. I talk to God like he is sitting across from me. And the funny thing about that is I catch myself doing that a lot in public. :} But there is a lot of doubt in me as well. I truly doubt my purpose in life, am I headed in the right direction, am I raising my kids right, etc.


6. Do you believe God's Wonders become more wonderful if they originate in the ordinary? Any Scripture references come to mind?
Yes I sure do. A lot I could write but none I can share, this is something God wants to reveal to me.

10 comments:

Deborah said...

Your answers where thought provoking. love always me

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Good answers. I love your answer to #1....Thank you for sharing.

Nise' said...

Wow, I am loving your #1 answer! Type that up, laminate it and carry it around at all times!

Mindy said...

I love your answers! I love that you talk to God like he next to you. This is something I've been thinking a lot about lately!

Denise said...

I love your answers, bless you.

Connie Barris said...

so beautiful and precious and His beloved child of God...

Yes, you are His...

Wasn't this a great study

Gretchen said...

I love how you described yourself in #1. Beautiful. It's so freeing to know that He really thinks we are beautiful in so many ways because he made us so.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I am also loving your #1! What a wonderful response to that question!

:))

Lisa

Miriam Pauline said...

Great responses! Thank you for sharing.

Susanne said...

"the only thing that gets me through is knowing that out of my mess Jesus is blessed"...I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing!! Have a wonderful week!!