Thursday, May 24, 2007

So today, I felt lead to go and get yet another bible. To those who do not know me, I have oh at least 4 so the count is now 5. I am a bible collecting addict. I love reading different versions of the truth, because each one of them states something the same, and yet different.

I bought myself The Message. I have heard so much about it, and I must credit my favorite Christian Tv Show for that 100 Huntley Street. On there today the woman host of the program stated that she was reading through The Message. And something stirred in me, and it was totally not because she had one, but I thought hey I don't have that version yet.

So kids in tow, I went to town and spent money on another bible. And on the way home my 3 year old was like, " Mom, whatcha gonna do with that?" And I replied ,"I am going to read it." And I thought to myself, hey why no read it again, back to front, cover to cover. And I was so excited, we got home and well I read all of Genesis before supper. But I thought to myself, Am I learning what I am reading. And a question came to me, "Do I want to read it, or do I want to know it?" And my soul cried out I WANT TO KNOW IT!! So I decided that I would slow the passion in me and learn like I never have before. The time is now and it is all I have so I chose to read and listen, understand and obey. All that the Lord will have for me in this Oh 3-4 months depending on how much time I read it.

This week I have been so overwhelmed with the Holy Spirit. I can not wait till I experience the truth of God's word. I will still be here, and I will totally share what I feel lead to.

Blessings To you ALL !!!!
Your Sister In Christ
Forgiven!

5 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

The Message was the last version of the Bible that I bought. I love reading certain things in different version also.
It so is great to hear other with a hunger for the word.

Connie Barris said...

I am glad to know I am not the only one.. I love Bibles..

The Message is my favorite...

As I have matured, I have ventured in to the King James.. smile

Blessings
Connie

Christine said...

I love the message to cast light on the heart of a passage. I usually use it in conjunction with another translation instead of alone. It's funny when Jesus is in the wilderness being tempted he says, "Back off, Satan!!" The wording can sometimes be so contemporary!

Have a blessed Sunday!

AK said...

I love your passion for God's word! Stay focused and you'll learn things you never knew before and truly be changed!

Christina said...

Hi there! Just came across your blog. I love your passion for God's word. It's awesome!!!! :-)