Wednesday, June 20, 2007

'I AM' Bible Study
Lesson Eight
'Instrument of Wonders'

(You can join here....go to this link add your name and then have fun!)
http://thepreachers-wife.blogspot.com/

Let's think about that in our Discussion Questions:

1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel?
I am there right now actually. I have been " going back" to the things I have done so that I may have God's holy healing. And I would say, that I would rather not. Sometimes it is to hard...actually a lot of the time. But I know in order to have complete victory over the things that have been " holding" me down, it is a good step. Not that shame or ridicule is from God, rather it is how I personal feel about some of the things that I have done. But one very special thing that God is teaching me is that 1) shame is not of God it is a feeling we place upon ourselves out of guilt 2) ridicule is not of God either. As the result of others placing ridicule and shame upon us it is there inability to know who they are in Christ, or who others are in Christ. Because if that were the case there would be a lot less shame and ridicule thrown around.

2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable.
I would have to say yes to this question. I still have a lot of things to work out in my life. But the one thing I truly know is that changing the way you think is so much harder than loosing a leg. In fact sometimes I have come to believe that the things others say about me is how in turn feel about myself. That I care moreover what others think that what God thinks of me. But I am learning slowly, trusting completely, to the one I love---Jesus Christ

3. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer?

I have been feeling victory in a lot of areas in my life. And actually it started last week when someone I love came over. His first words were, "I want to help you overcome what has been holding you down." So together with his wife we prayed, walked into repentance, prayed for forgiveness, and then the Holy Spirit poured into me so much so it felt so good. I actually felt like I was high---a totally God high----And for the first time in years I can say I have totally overcome that which had been keeping me in bondage.
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders?
Yes, Yes, Yes I am willing, waiting and wanting to take the serpent in my life and completely trust God to use it for many wonders. Oh man getting the chills ladies, yep and this is my prayer for everyone!

5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'!

Yes, it is a yes from me : ) yippy skippy feeling so good

8 comments:

Connie Barris said...

WEll... I am so praying for your my precious.. Child of God..

because the freedom you will feel is beyond anything you will ever experience.....

here is a book that will be a tremendous help to you.. or it was to me.. other than the Bible.. of course.... Released from Shame by Sandra Wilson
http://www.amazon.com/Released-Shame-Moving-Beyond-Pain/dp/0830823344/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5976407-2711914?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182370125&sr=8-1

Lisa is so right on when she says STOP.. TURN around.. and FACE IT.. Because it loses it's bite..then.. when it realizes you have Christ...
you validate your pain...surrender then forgive...

NO MATTER what was done or what YOU did... you are FORGIVEN...

GOT IT....

precious BELOVED gift

love you and nothing you can do about it...smile

Denise said...

Bless you dear one, will be praying for you. Take care, love you.

Gretchen said...

Ranya, you sound as if you are very blessed by God--his surrounding you with people who love you and who can walk with you in your journey with Him. You already have the victory, my friend. Claim it! :)

forgiven4this said...

Aww thanks everyone my heart is melting...God bless you all

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

1) shame is not of God it is a feeling we place upon ourselves out of guilt 2) ridicule is not of God either.

What wonderful realizations you have come to...If you can always remind yourself of these two things, Satan has lost a huge battle!

Blessings !!

Lisa

Nise' said...

It is so true that by going back to those places is where GOd begins the healing. I am so thankful that He is not in the business of condemnation, ridicule or shame but in restoration!

Miriam Pauline said...

Glad you are finding your place of healing. Praying that it continues.

Etta said...

So glad God is doing His work in your heart. Thank you for sharing.