Tuesday, June 26, 2007

VICTORY



Don't you feel like jumping in? Want to be refreshed? Jump in then, to God's word. Trust me the word of God feels fresher than jumping into the water on a hot summer's day. It can refresh you, answer those deep down questions, it reveils the truth to sustain you. Trust me, if you don't have a bible...........get on today!
I have been on a journey of healing this last couple of months. And I want to share just one victory that I have had...to prove that God is who he says he is. I have been working with one amazing loving couple, over the last little bit. They, I believe, truly demonstate the love the Lord has for me. Anyways, when I was 5 I was sexual abused by a babysitter that I had. He raped me, laughed in my face and left. And I never, and I mean never told anyone for sixteen years. Then one day in lifestyle class in highschool I had my first melt down. After that I went to see a therepist which was an eye opening experience. I had to tell my parents...and that was the hardest thing I had to do...even after years. I was afraid of hurting them, disipointing them. And sure enough they we upset, but not in the way I thought. They cried for me, reached out for me, and loved me.
This burdened I carried for 23 years. I was reliving it over and over again. Until, Ron stepped up and reached into my heart. He reveiled the truth in that circumstance. We renounced the devil and he ran.......terrified and was about to happen. God stepped in and healed that hurt...so much so my physical body felt it all over. And today I can say strongly that I have victory over those lies that the devil stated to me about this circumstance. Complete and totally victory. I no longer live it day to day, and in fact I can't even try to remember that which happened to me. God will not allow it, and trust me I tried to make sure that it was for real..And it was, totally completely.
There is something amazing about walking through something hard. God meets us....joins us...and covers us. After this experience I was totally drunk in the Spirit, which was another sign that God had completely removed this from my life.
So be enriched, encouraged, excited because God can and is waiting to give each one of us victory in our lives. Whatever that is, he is waiting for you, to be broken so he can restore you. He loves you all, be richly blessed!



4 comments:

Sharon Bardwell said...

AMEN!
What more can I say?
{{{{HUGS}}}}

Connie Barris said...

I'm like Sharon...

I was thinking what can I say..

I went through counseling too for sexual abuse.. so I know the journey....
now I counsel those whom seek healing...
one book I recommend is A Wounded Heart...

I'm so glad.. And I can tell by what you say.. that yes, You have victory over Satan.. over the lies.. and girlfriend.. you are healed... praise God...
I have chills as we speak (blog)

wow... what a day...what a life.

Anonymous said...

God is good and His healings are amazing. Praising God with you in this.

Christine said...

What an amazing story of renewal. You have touched me so deeply today. Thanks for giving this important piece of your story.