Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sometimes, things need to be done one step at a time.... one foot forward, and one foot back. And eventually we will get where God wants us to go.

I had an extremely peaceful weekend...yeah gotta love that peace. I have grown in areas I never thought I would grow. And my eyes are wide open to the areas that still need growth.
" For you are God, O Sovereign Lord. Your words are truth, and you have promised these good things to your servant." 2 Samuel 7: 28

So I need to ask for accountability. I am feeling the tug of my heart in one specific area in my life... and I know that I could ask for people who are around me, and I will, but I want to extend my hand to those lovely Christian women who I am getting to know. I am going to join Weight Watchers, again, and I am asking that those who feel lead to hold me accountable to this weight loss journey, do. I have been examining my heart over the last month in prep for this soon to be challenge. I have been listening to God's inner voice. And least to say that he wants me to be radically transformed. To solely depend on Him for every word, breathe, and life. But I need to cleanse myself of the things that I have been placing into my temple. To honor, respect, love, and cherish this earthly vessel that I have been given.

So if you feel that you would love to join me in this personal journey, feel free. There is no pressure, at all. I thank each one of you who have come into my life, I am truly grateful.

" The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior. I call on the Lord, who is worthy of praise." 2 Samuel 22:2-4

5 comments:

Trail Rider said...

what kind of accountability were you looking for....LOL
in the past, we have had "discussions" on what accountability is...
What did you have in mind?

forgiven4this said...

just to keep me in check, to actually see if I am walking this road, lol. So that is what I am looking for!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! And you've stated some God-honoring motivations for joining Weight Watchers, too. Doing it for His glory rather than just for yourself will help you along the journey.

Connie Barris said...

AMEN... \0/

I say this all the time... just take "baby steps"

we are in a world of I want it all now...

so preach it sista....

blessings

Connie Barris said...

ps...

I was on weight watchers and went on vacation...nuff said!!

I was praying this morning for God to please help me with getting back on track...

so I'm there with you...