Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I AM Bible Study Lesson Six West Side Of the Wilderness ` By the Preachers Wife

1. How current is your God? Is he up to date on all your issues or do you have old hurts you still hold behind your back? Well, I would say that I still hold on to the hurts. I have often felt like its to much for me to let go, even though my head nows differently. The burdens I carry, are not ment for me to carry and I now that God wants for me to release them, surrender them all. Even when I feel like its to much I have caused to much pain.

2. Has the enemy ever told you there are situations that are 'old news' that are better left stuffed down? Or perhaps because they were so long ago they can't possibly be affecting you now? Yes, I have totally fallen for that lie in my life. But the neat thing about God is that he brings it to the surface, even when we least expect it. There have been numerous situations in which I found myself holding back or stuffing it in. I believe, now, that it is healthy to deal with pain, to surrender it to God. And to follow after him for the true source of comfort.

3. In the matter of established authority, does God truly reign in your life? Where are you when He calls your name? Wow, God doesn't truly reign in my life. But I desire for Him to reign in my life. I am still, in that wilderness. But I am hearing his Faint calls for me, pushing towards the truth, and dying to self. Its been a long procces but I have faith that God will restore me to Him.

4. Do you ever feel God has forgotten you in your 'west side of the wilderness'?
Sometimes, sure I feel abandoned, by God. But I now that he will never leave me or forsake me. In this wilderness God is providing but it is me that can't see him.

5. Have you ever experienced a time of cleansing where God has illuminated and rejuvenated you? If not, do you find you are in need of this now?
Yes I remember times of rejuvenating and illumination. And I definately need one right now. I so need it my soul cries out for it, its been a long time.

6 comments:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I am so glad you have joined this study...your honesty is so refreshing...keep trusting that God is at working preparing you for His wonders and keep Hebrews 11 in your heart..."Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen..."

blessings on you!

Connie Barris said...

welcome...

and the call of our Abba will get louder and louder and your walk gets more intimate

blessings
Connie

Miriam Pauline said...

Praying you get the rejuvenating time that you need. Blessings for sharing so openly.

Etta said...

Lord, give Ranya the rejuvenation she seeks! We all need it! Thank you that you are our rest!

Amen.

Nise' said...

He wants us to have the willingness to allow Him to reign and He will do the rest! You have that my friend! You are so right that it is healthy to deal with pain and thanks be to God He is there to help us deal with it. Thanks for sharing in this study.

Crystal said...

Thanks for joining in the study...God never wastes an experience that we can learn from........it's one of the hardest lessons I have learned!
Blessings